So this past few days or so, I have been working on a new theme update for Camaraderie, a WordPress theme that supports blog, photography and portfolio. I wanted to get this done before the week begin so that I can start focusing on updating the rest of the themes over at the WordPress theme repository.
After getting the theme ready, I have bump the version to 1.0 instead of going to 0.1.9 because the theme itself is a big change and it is very organize from my view as a developer. I just wanted to do something different and having a folder call framework keeps everything organized.
The way I see it, having some kind framework doesn’t mean an actual framework with all these starter themes or framework that helps you do develop. I decided to do something like this but in way I did mine was to organize all the files to the locations and folders that seems fit, but some files may be incorrect because it is actually harder to figure which file goes where.
At this time, I am also using Gutenberg Visual Editor and I am definitely trying to keep this editor as my default until Gutenberg is set to be updated in the core when WordPress 5.0 comes out. It is definitely different and is not hard to use. I am more of a developer than a writer but this is going to change. I will be doing both and hopefully from the day I start using Gutenberg and the time it fully integrated, I hope that things will improved.